It’s finally time to go to the next step. We are preparing the details of the Clouder offer and I wanted to give you a little preview.
Our main target at first will clearly be the Odoo integrators. This is my feeling, but I think that most of them have a complicated relation with hosting right now. Their main values are their skills at development and the proximity they have with their customers.
They would like to provide hosting for their customers, but hosting require economy of scale to fund the development of the infrastructure and the human resources needed. Most of the integrators are small teams and not all of them want to resolve an emergency while they are at their brother wedding during the weekend.
On the other side, some customers want to have their ERP on their own infrastructure or the same hoster that take care of their website and is not an expert of the ERP hosting. In this case the infrastructure will rarely be at the state of the art, simply because it will only be tested by one company.
So of course, our goal with Clouder will be to provide to all of them the infrastructure and the support they need so they have the peace of mind they deserve, with an infrastructure tested by several dozens of customers and installable either on the cloud or their own servers.
Now the big question is what do we want to include in the Clouder offer. On the technical side this is what we currently have :
- Deployment of Odoo. We manage both multi-containers and multi-base cases.
- Each Odoo instance has several containers (data, files, and exec), for easier version management and scalability of the instance.
- We monitor the instance downtime, and if at least one backup was done today
- Backup each hour, with no large consumption of disk space thanks to the use of a git-based backup technology. You can restore a backup directly from the Clouder interface, either on the same instance or another one if you just want to consult data.
- Proxy based on nginx, with configuration specific to Odoo redirection and https encryption either based on your own certificate or otherwise on LetsEncrypt.
- Mail based on postfix, with support of SMTP relay, anti-spam, SPF and DKIM. The received mail are correctly sent to Odoo, so we support both in and out mails.
- Asynchronous jobs on Clouder (thanks to the use of OCA connector module).
- Link to the accounting module so you can easily invoice the instances of your customers.
Finally it’s designed to manage verticalizations. You can package an Odoo with your own specific modules (either yours, core, or OCA), and when you deploy a new instance it will git pull them and automatically install them on the bases created afterward. This is the real gamebreaker, thanks to this you can provide to your customers a package with a complete new user experience, an ERP adapted to the specificities of their industry right out of the box.
And this is only the beginning! We will not make other development before the launch of the offer but as soon as we can fund it we will add the next features (with no added price). To give you some insights here is what will follow :
- Form on the CMS part of Odoo, so visitors can create their own instance without your interaction (already under development)
- Management of the development circle, with a git repo container, CI with Travis, integration with project management, and deployment on production.
- Add other software useful for companies, like webmail, dropbox-like document management system (seafile or owncloud), etc…
- Deploy automatically complex infrastructure, like for example Magento + Odoo with OCA connector configured. Most of the work is already done.
- Add other subcomponents, like LDAP, SSO to easily move between each deployed software, 2-factor authentication, piwik analytics etc…
Of course our plan is to provide support and live from it. We would like to propose the following services :
- Your own Clouder instance (obviously it is itself managed by a Clouder).
- Either you already know how to use Clouder, or we make for you the deployment of the infrastructure (with all components, registry, backup, monitoring, dns etc…).
- Assistance for using the interface, if you have any questions etc…
- We receive the monitoring alerts, if something happen on one of your instance or one of your customers we immediately take action to resolve the problem.
We want to provide with Clouder the best Odoo infrastructure on the market, before moving to the next software. And of course, as usual, all of this, every single part of your infrastructure, even what we use in the Clouder servers, is and will stay free software and available on our github repo.
This is what we have in mind, but now we need your help. In order to create the best possible offer we definitely need your feedback, and I sincerely invite you to give us more information about your needs through our contact page (https:/goclouder.net/page/website.contactus), or just to show us your interest so you can have an early access to the service.
As usual, thanks a lot for your support ! I received a lot of messages these last months and it helped a lot to keep moving forward.
See you soon.